The weird thing about love is that words aren’t enough to describe it. It’s a mysterious feeling we all share. Unexplainable. Unpredictable. And it comes in many forms.
I’m not a love expert, but I’m always fascinated by love’s indescribable power — we hear it all the time. Here, I’ve gathered a few love quotes. It’s interesting to learn how some people view love.
1. “Love is the ultimate and highest goal to which a man can aspire.”― Viktor Frankl
2. “There is only one happiness in this life, to love and be loved.” ― George Sand
3. “Have you ever been in love? Horrible isn’t it? It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest and it opens up your heart and it means that someone can get inside you and mess you up.” ― Neil Gaiman
4. “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” ― Lao Tzu
5.“To love at all is to be vulnerable. Love anything and your heart will be wrung and possibly broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact you must give it to no one, not even an animal. Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements. Lock it up safe in the casket or coffin of your selfishness. But in that casket, safe, dark, motionless, airless, it will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable. To love is to be vulnerable.” ― C.S. Lewis
6. “Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.” ― Martin Luther King Jr.
7. “The one you love and the one who loves you are never, ever the same person.” ― Chuck Palahniuk
8. “Where there is love there is life.” ― Mahatma Gandhi
9. “When we love, we always strive to become better than we are. When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.” ― Paulo Coelho
10. “There are two basic motivating forces: fear and love. When we are afraid, we pull back from life. When we are in love, we open to all that life has to offer with passion, excitement, and acceptance. We need to learn to love ourselves first, in all our glory and our imperfections. If we cannot love ourselves, we cannot fully open to our ability to love others or our potential to create. Evolution and all hopes for a better world rest in the fearlessness and open-hearted vision of people who embrace life.” ― John Lennon